0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2006 6:55 AM by meuter

Starting failed persistence; jdbc not bound... Why???

meuter

Hi,

I'm new to EJB3 and JBoss. Appologies on forehand for a possible mispost. I have the following problem. I created a web application where i want to handle user registration. A EJB-module handles the creation, authentication and removal of a user on a postgreSQL DB-table. The datasource xml and peristence xml are located in the ejb-module and automatically generated by netbeans 5.5. I double checked those with examples from documentation. The applcation makes use of two servlets to login and register a user. These servlets are also correctly registered according to tutorials. I cannot deploy the application: The fololowing error is generated:

Starting persistence.units:ear=Construct.ear,jar=Construct-ejb.jar,unitName=construct-PU
      2006-08-31 12:31:07,971 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb3.entity.PersistenceUnitDeployment] Found persistence.xml file in EJB3 jar
      2006-08-31 12:31:07,971 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper] Starting failed persistence.units:ear=Construct.ear,jar=Construct-ejb.jar,unitName=construct-PU
      javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound

What is happening? The datasource is available is \\jboss\server\default\deploy.
      I'm using Windows XP, Netbeans 5.5 beta, Jboss 4.04, postgreSQL 8.1.
      Any help is highly appreciated.

cheers,

Eelco