6 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2008 10:31 AM by Lotfi Mellouk

ViewExpiredException

Joel Meurisse Newbie

Browsing the demo on: http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/richfaces/sortingFeature.jsf, wait until your session times out (The time-out is probably set to 30 min), then click on an action and you will get:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: viewId:/richfaces/sortingFeature.jsf - View /richfaces/sortingFeature.jsf could not be restored.
       javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:270)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:154)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:260)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:366)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:493)

root cause

javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: viewId:/richfaces/sortingFeature.jsf - View /richfaces/sortingFeature.jsf could not be restored.
       com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:186)
       com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
       com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.doPhase(RestoreViewPhase.java:104)
       com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118)
       javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:265)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:154)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:260)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:366)
       org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:493)

As I have read, this exception is normal for jsf 1.2 (so I think it is not a richfaces problem) and has to be catched in some way, but I couldn't find a nice way to do it. To be honest, I was hoping to find the solution in the source of the richfaces demo...

So I'm asking you clever guys... :-)