1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2006 9:03 AM by webmarck

Enum as method argument throws exception at runtime when exp

webmarck

Enum as method argument throws exception at runtime when exposed as Webservice

JBoss 4.0.5GA with EJB3 enabled

I have a stateless session bean with a method that takes a enum as a argument that I would like to expose as a webservice. The method looks like this

@WebMethod void resetDatabase(DatabaseType type);

Where DatabaseType is

public enum DatabaseType {

CUSTOMERS, CLIENTS, ALL
      }

I have created a simple client that calls that method but I get the following exception

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.ws.WSException: Cannot obtain java type mapping for: {http://syncml.mpsuite.niro.dk/jaws}DatabaseType at org.jboss.ws.metadata.JSR109MetaDataBuilder.buildParameterMetaDataRpc(JSR109MetaDataBuilder.java:240)
      at org.jboss.ws.metadata.JSR109MetaDataBuilder.setupOperationsFromWSDL(JSR109MetaDataBuilder.java:189)
      at org.jboss.ws.metadata.JSR109ClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaDataInternal(JSR109ClientMetaDataBuilder.java:207)
      at org.jboss.ws.metadata.JSR109ClientMetaDataBuilder.buildMetaData(JSR109ClientMetaDataBuilder.java:122)

Am I forgetting something or does the current version of EJB3 webservice not support enum?