1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2007 9:35 AM by periklis

TimerService: Canceling Timer in stop()- of @Service

periklis

Hi,
      i am writing on a small service based on the @Service+@Management Features of EJB3. In this service i create via TimerService a new Timer in the start()-Method, which waits 10 minutes and invokes the @Timeout-Method every one hour. When i undeploy my service i invoke the timer cancelation in my Service's stop()-Method.

As far as i understood, timers are getting persisted in a secondary storage, so that they are available even after a system crash. Hence i should expect, that when i cancel a timer this timer should also get removed also from the secondary storage. In my case they aren't getting removed.

I am seeing this phenomenon in the jmx-console. During undeployment the timers listed in the section service=EJBTimerService per listTimers() are getting canceled and removed, but this is not the case in the section persistencePolicy=database,service=EJBTimerService.

My system is based on:
      JBoss 4.0.5 GA
      EJB3+RC9+patch1
      MacOSX 10.4.8 with actual JVM 1.5

• 1. Re: TimerService: Canceling Timer in stop()- of @Service
          periklis

I mentioned the phenomenon above, because the left timers in the section persistencePolicy=database,service=EJBTimerService cause in myh application the following problem. If i have old timers after undeployment of my service and then redeploy it again, the timeout method is invoked equal times the number of timers, which are cancel due to prior undeployments.