0 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2007 4:59 PM by webmarck

Deployment of ejb3 with webservice inside ear file

webmarck

I have a project that contains some ejb3 session beans that is exposed as webservices using the annotations @WebService and @WebMethod.

I deploy the beans inside a ear file.

I currently run the code on JBoss 4.0.5 but (of course) would like to upgrade to JBoss 4.2.0GA to get the latest :-)

The funny part is that the project deploys smoothly on 4.0.5 but fails on 4.2.0 with

22:54:34,703 ERROR [ServiceEndpointDeployer] Cannot create service endpoint
      java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeBuiltinLeafInfoImpl$5
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ClassInfoImpl.getBaseClass(ClassInfoImpl.java:170)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeClassInfoImpl.getBaseClass(RuntimeClassInfoImpl.java:59)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeClassInfoImpl.getBaseClass(RuntimeClassInfoImpl.java:39)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getClassInfo(ModelBuilder.java:142)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:48)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeModelBuilder.getClassInfo(RuntimeModelBuilder.java:40)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.getTypeInfo(ModelBuilder.java:189)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.TypeRefImpl.calcRef(TypeRefImpl.java:56)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.TypeRefImpl.getTarget(TypeRefImpl.java:33)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeTypeRefImpl.getTarget(RuntimeTypeRefImpl.java:22)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.RuntimeTypeRefImpl.getTarget(RuntimeTypeRefImpl.java:15)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ElementPropertyInfoImpl$1.get(ElementPropertyInfoImpl.java:38)
       at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ElementPropertyInfoImpl$1.get(ElementPropertyInfoImpl.java:41)
       at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:422)
      22:54:34,703 ERROR [ServiceEndpointPublisher] Cannot obtain waURL for: MyEar.ear/MyClient-.jar

I have a feeling that I only get the error when I deploy a webservice inside a ear file.

So my question is: Has anybody been able to deploy a session bean with webservice annotations on JBoss 4.2.0GA?