4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2008 5:09 AM by lmk

dataTable sorting/filtering problem

lmk

Helloo,

Im using filterBy,sortBy,filterMethod/filterValue on dataTable; I get a strange behavour:

when ajax request is sent, a4j status stay on starting mode for a long time, if another request (not ajax) is sent, dataTable is rendered correctly...

the problem occurs when:

1- on columns with filterBy, after a first filtering if I delete the filter input filed.

2- on the column with sortBy, the first time sorting the column

3- on the column with filterMethod/filterValue with some value for the filterValue

4- using dataScroller (known bug )http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/RF-2815

dont know if it is a bug, configuration incompatibility ..

environment: RF 3.2.1.CR8,myfaces 1.2.2..

thanks

• 1. Re: dataTable sorting/filtering problem
          lmk

forget to say,

a4j:statuts stay on 'in progress', the a4j request seems to be complete, but the table is not rerendered, so, to reRender table I have to send synchronous request:

<h:commandButton action="noo" image="/images/refreshTable.gif" />

• 2. Re: dataTable sorting/filtering problem
            lmk

hi..

no ideas about this ?
            I remark that filtering dont work when the input value is null, filter with selectOneMenu works for some value but not for all..

• 3. Re: dataTable sorting/filtering problem
              ilya_shaikovsky

Could you please check GA build? We've fixed some filtering and sorting issues till that build. Also if some of your problems seen on our demo?

• 4. Re: dataTable sorting/filtering problem
                lmk

"ilya_shaikovsky" wrote:
                Could you please check GA build? We've fixed some filtering and sorting issues till that build. Also if some of your problems seen on our demo?

demo works fine, demo is also build with Sun JSF, I can't check GA build because of the viewExpiredException with myfaces..