2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2008 5:23 PM by drfranknfurter

Session / Message Driven Beans load sequence

drfranknfurter

Hi

I have a scenario where I MDB triggers a JCA adaptor to activate. During the activation process a session bean (local interface) is looked up to do some work. The lookup process works on some machines and not on others. On the machines where it fails it indicates that the name is unbound.

This makes me think there is a bit of a load sequence difference? Is it possible to force the session bean to be deployed (and thus bound) before the MDBs are deployed during ear deployment?

I know this is not a good design, but it is an unfortunate stopgap that we have to use for the time being.

Regards
      Frans

• 1. Re: Session / Message Driven Beans load sequence
          jaikiran

I have a scenario where I MDB triggers a JCA adaptor to activate. During the activation process a session bean (local interface) is looked up to do some work.

And who triggers the MDB? I mean who (and when) sends the message to the queue on which the MDB is listening? Can you post a snippet of the MDB showing where exactly the session bean is looked up? Is it part of onMessage()?

• 2. Re: Session / Message Driven Beans load sequence
            drfranknfurter

The Mdbs are associated with a rar in the jboss.xml. Then via annotations given activation config. I believe it is the activation config that informs the container to start it up. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As for the depends issue, I used @Depends, a jboss specific annotation, to get to to first load the session beans that the mdbs depend on.