2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2009 8:47 AM by horstl

Deployment EJB3 5.0 GA migration

horstl

hello all,

i have a question about migration from jboss 4.2.3GA to 5.0.0GA with EJB3.0 (about 300 EJB's)
      my ear was working under 4.2.3GA without problems in 5.0.0GA i always get a Stackoverflow
      the xml deployment descriptors
      application.xml, jboss-app.xml, persistence.xml
      are all fixed and corrected to the new version, the EJB3 is only annotated

the standard setup of my EJB beans is

Entity Bean (@Entity) / Entity Bean IF (no annotations)

EntityManager (as Stateless Session bean/ includes @PersistenceContext)
      EntityManagerIF (only @Local)

ManagerBean (@Stateless with the business logic)
      ManagerBeanIF (only @Remote)

now the question: how can i check where the problem is ?

2009-02-19 11:12:20,624 INFO [org.jboss.ejb3.EJBContainer] (HDScanner) STARTED EJB: at.test.persistence.xyzEM ejbName: xyzEM
      2009-02-19 11:12:20,627 INFO [org.jboss.ejb3.session.SessionSpecContainer] (HDScanner) Stopping jboss.j2ee:ear=test.ear,jar=test.jar,name=xyzEM,service=EJB3
      2009-02-19 11:12:20,628 INFO [org.jboss.ejb3.EJBContainer] (HDScanner) STOPPED EJB: at.test.persistence.xyzEM ejbName: xyzEM
      2009-02-19 11:12:20,629 ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] (HDScanner) Error installing to Start: name=jboss.j2ee:ear=test.ear,jar=test.jar,name=xyzEM,service=EJB3 state=Create java.lang.StackOverflowError
       at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.ReflectionUtils.invoke(ReflectionUtils.java:69)
       at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.ReflectMethodInfoImpl.invoke(ReflectMethodInfoImpl.java:150)
       at org.jboss.joinpoint.plugins.BasicMethodJoinPoint.dispatch(BasicMethodJoinPoint.java:66)
       at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.KernelControllerContextAction$JoinpointDispatchWrapper.execute(KernelControllerContextAction.java:241)

in the old version of jboss there was always an info when an ear was deployed this is also missing now

br horst

PS: the overflow is not coming up on the same position of the deployment

• 1. Re: Deployment EJB3 5.0 GA migration
          jaikiran

One other user too had reported this, a few days back. We have a JIRA for this https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-1724. However, i haven't been able to reproduce this because of lack of an application which shows this issue.

If it's possible, could you please attach an application which reproduces this, to that JIRA?

• 2. Re: Deployment EJB3 5.0 GA migration
            horstl

hi jaikiran,

first thanx for response :-)
            yes bug seem to be the same, problem the ear has a size about 20Mb and is my work of the last year:-) therefore i don't want to upload it anywhere...
            i have a smaller test application (same style of implementation) but with this one the failure is not reproduceable, it seems only with a lot of beans the problem is coming up...

but can you tell me how the loading and registration is running of the entity beans and the sessionbeans, then i will help to resolve this problem

as i have seen there are this steps

1) checking dependencies of the beans
            (JBossASKernel) Created KernelDeployment: installs SLSB with dependencies

2) register all beans without dep on persistence unit
            (SessionSpecContainer) Starting bean only Facade (managerbean/remote if)
            (EJBContainer) info about started
            (JndiSessionRegistrarBase) registering for binding global jndi (managerbean with @remote)

3) database (what is this?: WARN [org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration] (main) Persistence provider caller does not implement the EJB3 spec correctly.PersistenceUnitInfo.getNewTempClassLoader() is null)
            (Ejb3Configuration) db handling schema/table generation etc
            (SessionSpecContainer/EJBContainer) starting the EJB3 beans

4) register beans with persistence unit dep
            (SessionSpecContainer) Starting bean only PeristenceContext (entitymanager)
            (EJBContainer) info about started
            (JndiSessionRegistrarBase) registering for binding global jndi (entitymanager with @local)

FAILURE always in this setp

but it seems that the failure is in a step afterwards and only the logging is to slow...
            whats coming up next ?

br horst