0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 9:58 AM by rubinelli

Client socket time out: InvokerLocator properties ignored?

rubinelli

Hi, I have a standalone client connecting to an EJB3 session bean in a JBoss 4.0.4 GA AS. Since one of the operations takes a long time ( >40 min) to finish, I see a socket timeout exception on the client side.

Trying to increase this timeout, first I edited the InvokerLocator's URI in ejb3.deployer/META-INF/jboss-service.xml:

<attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/?timeout=3600000</attribute>

This didn't work; the client socket timeout stayed the same. So I tried the alternative, configuring the invoker directly:
      <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
      name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
       <depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
       <attribute name="Configuration">
       <config>
       <invoker transport="socket">
       <attribute name="numAcceptThreads">1</attribute>
       <attribute name="maxPoolSize">300</attribute>
       <attribute name="timeout" isParam="true">3600000</attribute>
       <attribute name="serverBindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
       <attribute name="serverBindPort">3873</attribute>
       <attribute name="backlog">200</attribute>
       </invoker>
       <handlers>
       <handler
      subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>
       </handlers>
       </config>
       </attribute>
      </mbean>

Which also didn't work, even though the first line in my server.log is this:
      2009-07-13 15:29:47,718 [main] INFO [org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketServerInvoker] Invoker started for locator: InvokerLocator [socket://192.168.XXX.XXX:3873/?timeout=3600000]

I'm using jbossall-client.jar and jboss-ejb3-client.jar to run the client. Am I missing anything?