0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2008 4:59 PM by ron_sigal

JBREM-1005: Prevent build up of cancelled TimerTasks in biso

ron_sigal

From JIRA issue JBREM-1005:

"Andre Parodi" wrote:

I am having trouble with my heap filling up with these ControlMonitorTimerTasks. I have set my pingFrequency to 300 000 ( 5 min). Is there any reason that the default is set so unreasonably high? Should I be worried about adverse effects of having the pingFrequency set to 5 mins?

This would be a tactical fix until SP9 is available.

Hi Andre,

My suggestion of 300000 ms was just a guess. This issue arose in the context of JBossMessaging, which sets pingFrequency to a huge number to disable pinging. They did that because the pinging facility was causing problems for them on busy machines/networks. I was just suggesting setting the value to something small enough that the TimerTasks get cleaned up but still large enough that pinging doesn't cause problems for JBossMessaging.

You should feel free to set pingFrequency to any value that works for you. It should be large enough to avoid a lot of "false positives", i.e., apparent failures due to late arrivals of PINGs.

Also, I've attached a 2.2.2.SP9 preview of jboss-remoting.jar on JBREM-1005 (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBREM-1005).