Can you post the output of the following from your code:
String nonProxyHosts = System.getProperty("http.nonProxyHosts"); System.out.println("Wont use proxy for : " + nonProxyHosts);
Wont use proxy for : null
- so I guess it's not this one...
The reason i asked you to post that output is to ensure that you had not unitentionally set the bypass proxy for localhost through the http.nonProxyHosts system property. Your settings look correct to me.
When I replace 'host' with 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' - the proxy is not used. If I replace it with 'ws' - which has entry in my etc/hosts file pointing to 127.0.0.1 - the proxy is used...
How are you testing this? I mean how do you come to know that the proxy is not being used? I am trying reproduce this on my local setup.
Just so I understand, you're saying that if you
* have a Remoting server running at localhost:8080
* have a proxy server running at localhost:8081
* create InvokerLocator "http://localhost:8080/sth" on the client
* specify system properties -Dhttp.proxyHost=localhost and -Dhttp.proxyPort=8081
the invocation goes directly to the Remoting server?