Remoting version 2.5.2 is available. It features
* Introduction of "connection identity" concept;
* introduction of write timeout facility;
* improved reliability for callbacks in bisocket transport;
* improved treatment of invocation retries in socket and bisocket transports;
* more flexible configuration (see, for example, org.jboss.remoting.Remoting.CONFIG_OVERRIDES_LOCATOR);
* added immediate shutdown option for socket transport;
* multiple bug fixes.
Upgrading to 2.5.2 s particularly recommended if you are using JBossMessaging in Application Server 5.x. See, for example,
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-1146 "Treat IOException("Connection reset by peer") as a retriable exception" and
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-1147 "BisocketClientInvoker.createSocket() in callback mode should check for replaced control socket"
for more information. Note that these changes were made, in part, to improve resilience in the presence of firewalls that kill idle connections.
To see the release notes, go to https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12313483&styleName=Text&projectId=10031&Create=Create.
Version 2.5.2 of jboss-remoting.jar may be found
* in the old repository at http://repository.jboss.com/jboss/remoting/ , and
* in the maven2 repository at
The distribution zip file may be found at http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting/downloads/ .