2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2005 3:29 AM by kukeltje

what jar file contains org.hibernate.Session

mpurdy1973

i am trying to deploy my version of jbpm.war to learn more about the product. the first step to do this is to build the same version that is in the starter kit.

this is what i did:
      1) using my eclipse, i built a web project,
      2) imported the jbpm jbpm-starters-kit-3.0/jbpm/src/java.webapp
      3) added jbpm-3.0.jar
      4) added jbpm-identity-3.0.jar
      5) added commons-logging.jar

that got rid of all the errors except one:
      The type org.hibernate.Session cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class file.

this error is in reference to the PersistenceContext.java line 21.

where do i find the class org.hibernate.Session in the starter kit, however i couldnt ??? i am assuming it is in a jar file somewheres, however, i had no luck finding it :-(

• 1. Re: what jar file contains org.hibernate.Session
          mpurdy1973

i answered my own question :-)

i had to download hibernate, then build it, then build a jar file (i know that class has to be in the jbpm stuff somewheres, but i couldnt find it)

also you need to add all the faces jar files under jbpm-starters-kit-3.0/jbpm/lib/jsf

and the jbpm-starters-kit-3.0/jbpm-server/lib/dom4j.jar

this should get you to be able to compile the jbpm-starters-kit-3.0/jbpm/src/java.webapp

• 2. Re: what jar file contains org.hibernate.Session
            kukeltje

if you want to start building things, I'd not start with the starterkit, use the normal jbpm project for that. This includes hibernate et al, so downloading and building dependend libraries is not needed then.

The starterkit is for a quick download and runnning the included process or deploying new processes using the default config and webapp.