9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2005 8:54 PM by jonesjeffr

GPD install issues.

costeen

I extracted the jbpm-gpd-site-3.0.2.zip file into my eclipse directory.
      I can create a new "Process Project" and/or "Process Definition", however, I can't edit process definitions with the process definition editor.

Also, now when I go into Help/Software Updates/Find and Install...I get an error that says:
      Error retrieving "feature.xml". [error in opening zip file]

Everytime I install the GPD, I end up having to completely rebuild my eclipse environment. In the past, the GPD would work after doing this. For the longest time, I just did the process definitions by hand, but thought "hey it's release 3.0.2 and I was using beta before." But, I still have the same problems. Maybe, GPD doesn't play well with MyEclipse.

It's really annoying to have to recreate my Eclipse environment everytime I install the plug-in.

My environment is:Eclipse Version: 3.1.0 Build id: I20050627-1435, MyEclipse Version: 4.0.0 Build id: 20050829-4.0.0-GA

• 1. Re: GPD install issues.
          costeen

I can work around my problem going into
          Window/Preferences...
          then General/Editors/File Associations...

and adding entries for gpd.xml and processdefinition.xml and making JBPM the default.

• 2. Re: GPD install issues.
            kukeltje

"costeen" wrote:
            Maybe, GPD doesn't play well with MyEclipse.

Big chance. Did you try it without myeclipse or installing them in a different order?

• 3. Re: GPD install issues.
              costeen

Yes. I tried different things...

It worked without MyEclipse installed.
              Installing before or after MyEclipse did not make a difference. The editor was still not available.

But, manually setting the file associations seemed to work around the problem.

• 4. Re: GPD install issues.
                jonesjeffr

I am having a similar problem. I just get the gpd.xml or or processdefinition.xml files open to edit in a grid or source editor. The design editor never comes up. When I go into the file associations and try to associate with the GPD, I do not see that choice for an editor. What am I missing here?? I am also using myEclipse 4.0 with Eclipse 3.1. Tks. Jeff....

• 5. Re: GPD install issues.
                  costeen

Jeff,

This is how I added the file associations...

1. Goto the Windows\Preferences menu...
                  2. Open General
                  3. Open Editors
                  4. Select "File Associations"
                  5. Select Add...
                  6. Type processdefinition.xml...then OK
                  7. Now look in the "Associated Editors" selections, if "Test jBPM Editor" is not in the list then select Add...and add it.
                  8. Now select "Test jBPM Editor" and hit the Default button.

"Test jBPM Editor" should now be your default editor for processdefinition.xml

Report the same steps for gpd.xml

It doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy to see the editor listed as "Test" jBPM editor.

Hope this helps.

Crayton

• 6. Re: GPD install issues.
                    koen.aers

It doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy to see the editor listed as "Test" jBPM editor

You're right. I have fixed this already, but I don't remember if it was released in 3.0.2. Which release are you using?

Regards,
                    Koen

• 7. Re: GPD install issues.
                      costeen

• 8. Re: GPD install issues.
                        koen.aers

Okay then it will definitely be changed for the next release ;-)

Cheers,
                        Koen

• 9. Re: GPD install issues.
                          jonesjeffr

That works. Thanks for you help. Jeff....