12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2005 2:49 AM by James Depoorter

Handling interrupts

James Depoorter Novice

I would like to implement some sort of interrupt handler for solving following business problem:
      In EVERY step, something could occur which could lead to a (series of) step(s), which has to be finished before the main step can continue.
      With the current implementation, this can be accomplished with having a transition from every node to the starting step of the "exceptional flow", and a transition back from the end of the steps to every node, with a variable holding the transition which has to be used in case of returning. This is, of course, very cumbersome. An example:
      In every step of a workflow, the system checks if the data quality is still high, and in case of quality loss, a process is started to correct the data quality, in order to continue the flow. When the quality is high again, the process can continue.
      I would like this on ALL current nodetypes. Two things I can think of:
      - the rootToken progresses to the exceptional flow and returns to the current step after finishing. Maybe I can use "node-enter" here, and re-route the token. (I'm typing as I think)
      - the rootToken gets a child token, which notifies the rootToken it has ended. Problem is that "addChild" is private, and can only be used within a Fork, constructor-wise.
      I'm looking for the workflow pattern which closely resembles this behaviour, but cannot think of any. Any suggestions?