6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2005 1:54 AM by matafy

deploy process question

matafy

what's the defferences between saveDefinition and deploy defition? if i develop a process, and i only savedefinition af first( of course in jbpm_processdefition table, the version_ value is -1) without deploy. will it work?

• 1. Re: deploy process question
          pjmvn

If you want to deploy your project you can use the GPD.
          If you saw the value is "-1", its mean you have an error in deploy, it may your code is wrong, .....
          You cant see your error in the cmd window or log file.
          And i think when you save only, nothing is occur.

I'm not Mon.

• 2. Re: deploy process question
            matafy

i see the 3.2 example in jbpm3.0 user guide. why it only use saveDefinition without deploy using ant or ProcessArchiveDeployer

• 3. Re: deploy process question
              pjmvn

This is:

3.2. Database example
              you want to say ??
              This is a example only, and it a testCase only. This exam is ok, no error when you run it (in my computer).
              If you want to deploy your project, you must start your jBPM Server and then deploy it into your sv.
              After that you open(exam: http://localhost:8080/jbpm/) jbpm page, you can see your project here.

I'm not Mon.

• 4. Re: deploy process question
                aymanson

if you use the getGraphSession().saveProcessDefinition(pWorkflowDefinition) function to save a ProcessDefinition. You will find that all data will be overriden if there is workflow with the same name exist.

If you use the deploy function, it will set a version number for the workflow. The version number will be increased by one if you deploy the process definition with the same name.

• 5. Re: deploy process question
                  matafy

thank you very much aymanson. you means that it only matter data overriding. i have a very very strange thing. why i always get "couldn't signal token : token has ended" error. can you give me a hand please. thanks you very much once more. my msn is zhangmingg@hotmail.com.

• 6. Re: deploy process question
                    matafy

my email is zhangmingg@hotmail.com too. can i get your email address please. i'd like to send my test code to you. thank you