6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2005 6:07 AM by nadim murr

JBPM 3 deploy webapp

nadim murr Newbie

I need to generate the war file in JBPM 3 in order to install it under tomcat, however when I run the following ant:
      ant -buildfile build.deploy.xml deploy.webapp

I get the following error:
      BUILD FAILED
      C:\jbpm-3.0.1\build.deploy.xml:127: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Any Idea?

• 1. Re: JBPM 3 deploy webapp
          Ronald van Kuijk Master

deploying via the ant task only works for JBoss (it has to be running locally). For Tomcat you have to deploy the war manually

• 2. Re: JBPM 3 deploy webapp
            nadim murr Newbie

Thanks for your reply,

I used ant to build the webapp (build.webapp) and it was successful.
            So then I tried to copy the jbpm.war to tomact, the server runs fine.
            When I try to open the context in a browser I get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/HibernateException
            org.jbpm.webapp.context.PersistenceContext.(PersistenceContext.java:11)
            java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
            org.jbpm.webapp.context.Context.class$(Context.java:33)
            org.jbpm.webapp.context.Context.getPersistenceContext(Context.java:33)
            org.jbpm.webapp.filter.PersistenceFilter.doFilter(PersistenceFilter.java:22)
            org.jbpm.webapp.filter.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:19)
            org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:38)

I even made a classes folder under tomcat\web-app\jpbm\web-inf\ and copied the classes in the build directory(_.classes\org) under it.
            and still I get the same error.

Is that the right way to do it?
            how can I deploy it manually?

• 3. Re: JBPM 3 deploy webapp
              Ronald van Kuijk Master

The theploy of the webapp probably went fine. Just the war is not enough to run jBPM. You need hibernate, some apache commons jars etc... A list of jars (not specified which are needed for tomcat) is in the documentation, and look in other threads in this forum. There already is some info on that subject.

• 4. Re: JBPM 3 deploy webapp
                nadim murr Newbie

I'm almost there.
                So I put all the necessary runtime librarries (jars) in place and the previeous error(java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError) is gone, however now I get the following error:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception

root cause

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
                java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
                org.jbpm.webapp.context.Context.class$(Context.java:33)
                org.jbpm.webapp.context.Context.getPersistenceContext(Context.java:33)
                org.jbpm.webapp.filter.PersistenceFilter.doFilter(PersistenceFilter.java:22)

Any Idea?

• 5. Re: JBPM 3 deploy webapp
                  Ronald van Kuijk Master

As I replied in the other post:

what is in the server log? This stacktrace seems to be from the screen. Most of the times the server logging has more info

• 6. Re: JBPM 3 deploy webapp
                    nadim murr Newbie

the thing is, the server log shows almost nothing; it shows the following:

Dec 1, 2005 1:03:35 PM org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration configure
                    INFO: configuring from resource: /hibernate.cfg.xml
                    Dec 1, 2005 1:03:35 PM org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration getConfigurationInputStream
                    INFO: Configuration resource: /hibernate.cfg.xml

while the browser shows the exception mentioned in my previous reply.

?????