3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2006 11:17 AM by katador

horrible experience install jbpm

katador

Hi to all,
      i'm shocked with install of jbpm, i had the very bad idea of compiling and works horrible... target dist it's full of errors... and it's not clear how deploy on jboss?? how made this??? copy all files on server/default/deploy ??? and then???? bad documentation boys... very bad documentation...

greetings... :S

• 1. Re: horrible experience install jbpm
          ralfoeldi

Come on 'katador'!

How do you 'install' Hibernate. Put the jar in the claspath and use it!

Same with jBPM. Put the required jars in the classpath and use them. Thats it.

What more are you expecting?

Though I'm sure the jBPM Team will give you a more sympathetic answer.

Rainer

• 2. Re: horrible experience install jbpm
            aguizar

Installation of most JBoss projects is a straight extract-configure-run procedure, with the "configure" part being optional. The jBPM starters kit is provided with this in mind. So it can't be that shocking.

Anyway, from the jBPM user guide:

5.3. jBPM in a web application

Simply put the runtime libraries in the WEB-INF/lib folder of your web application archive (.war).

5.4. jBPM in an EJB container

[...]Simplest way is to put the runtime libraries into the global classpath of your application server.

Alternatively, you can put the runtime libraries in your application.xml and reference them as libraries.

The starters kit contains jBPM as a service archive.

The last sentence points you to the approach to deploy on JBoss. You can read more in section 2.4.2 JBoss MBean services of the JBoss AS userguide.

Alternatively, you can take 30 seconds to search for "install jbpm" in the forums. You will immediately find a three-step shortcut in topic install jbpm

• 3. Re: horrible experience install jbpm
              katador

Thanks for the answer, now works inmediatly with those steps... :D