2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2006 8:20 AM by jbpmndc

Some question of a Beginner in JBPM

antitrust1982

hi everybody,

I try to understand how works JBpm. I try some example of code in Eclipse. but if I want to see how works my worflow schema, and my program I must to execute on a server? how can I implement Jbpm in a server in order to see how works it.

another questions:

- I don't understand how i must intergrate an assignment of actor. What is the difference between taskInstance.setActorId() and and assignmentHandler method.

- How can't I choose between to task (decision) because for the moment I must to say in my XmL file in decision the expression in order to choice and I want to choice when I arrive in the task.

thank you for your help

Antitrust1982

• 1. Re: Some question of a Beginner in JBPM
          tibocu

jBPM is "just" a Java API. You can use it in a J2SE Java application, in a J2EE Web application or inside of an EJB Container.

I'm not sure to understand your question, but if you just want to try some application code in Eclipse, you don't need a server. You the JBoss IDE and create jBPM project.

taskInstance.setActorId directly assign the task to an actor.
          AssignmentHandler may call setActorId, but the class first need to find an actorId. An example of AssignementHandler can be a Task Dispatcher which assign dynamically the tasks according to the workload of an actor set.

I don't get you for your last question.

Thibault Cuvillier

• 2. Re: Some question of a Beginner in JBPM
            jbpmndc

- I don't understand how i must intergrate an assignment of actor. What is the difference between taskInstance.setActorId() and and assignmentHandler method.

It seems to me in general using AssignmentHandler is cleaner. The assignment of a task is separate from the execution of it. But I believe they have the same effect.