2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2008 12:18 AM by aish

Positioning components/elements on the form

aish

Hi,

Can any one help me with this? It would be really helpful

I need to position the components on the form. For eg: On a single line at the top of the form, I need to have two elements - (1) Page title starting at the left most column and (2) a status message at the right most end of the screen. If I use <h:panelgrid columns="2" style="width:600px">, they are not positioned well on the form. That is they are positioned closer to each other and not on the places I expect it.

Can you please let me know what is the best way to position the elements on the form?

Thanks
      Aish

• 1. Re: Positioning components/elements on the form
          ilya_shaikovsky

use column classes on h:panelGrid in order to customize the table which generated by this component,.

• 2. Re: Positioning components/elements on the form
            aish

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for responding. I will try this as you have suggested and will get back to me with the results.

Can I ask something here regarding the id of the component? My main page a menu with a list of items on it. Each item when selected invokes a page. Whenever I add a new item to the menu, the id of the components within each page changes. I invoke JS based on the id and when these id changes, every time I need to update the in order to make them work. Can you please suggest to make the ids of the components fixed?

Thanks
            Aish