3 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2006 3:32 PM by koen.aers

timer not created in schema

guy.walker

Hi,
      I'm trying to get a timer working but I cannot spot what is wrong with this bit of proces definition. No entries are made into the JBPM_TIMER table, which I was expecting. I definitiely have a schedulerthread running, but since there are no timers in the table, none of them expire. Can someone spot the error in this node declaration please?

<task-node name='Approve' signal='last'>
       <timer name='reminder' duedate= '5 minutes' repeat='5 minutes'>
       <action class='com.teampnt.common.process.JBPMReminderEmail'/>
       </timer>
       <task name='Approval1'>
       <assignment class='com.teampnt.common.process.ApprovalAssignmentHandler'/>
       </task>
      </task-node>

• 1. Re: timer not created in schema
          koen.aers

Guy,

The timer element should be used in the task element. Its purpose is monitoring the execution of this task.
          If you want to create a timer upon entering a node, such as for instance a task-node, than you should add the create-timer action to the node-enter event.
          Have a look at the docs.

Regards,
          Koen

• 2. Re: timer not created in schema
            guy.walker

Thanks Koen, but unfortunately moving the timer into the task appears to make no difference whatsotever. I still do not see any entries in the JBPM_TIMER table. I couldn't find anything in the docs to point out where I was going wrong.

Guy

• 3. Re: timer not created in schema
              koen.aers

Hm strange... What version are you working on?
              Could you provide a JUnit test where you isolate this problem and attach it to a JIRA issue?

Regards,
              Koen