3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2006 12:36 AM by kukeltje

How to define customized web pages

flawlor

If I want to define a customized user web page for some task node how would I go about that in jBPM?

I could not find any documentation or forum discussions about this.

Thanks,
      -- Frank

• 1. Re: How to define customized web pages
          kukeltje

"flawlor" wrote:
          If I want to define a customized user web page for some task node how would I go about that in jBPM?

I could not find any documentation or forum discussions about this.

With the words 'web' and 'custom' I found the following links when searching the forum........

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=81101
          http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=67036

• 2. Re: How to define customized web pages
            flawlor

Thanks for the pointers.

Sounds like you have something coming up in 3.2. Is there a target date for that?

Some possible workarounds I considered (but my jBPM understanding is still very basic):

1) use a simple node type like a state node to create a tasklist entry which has a reference to my own jsp/servlet

2) modify jBPM to allow the task node xml to contain an element specifying a jsp/servlet and modify jBPM web app to use that, if provided, rather than generate the generic page.

Do either of these workarounds sound workable or would you suggest a different approach?

Thanks,
            -- Frank

• 3. Re: How to define customized web pages
              kukeltje

If done 2 once myself in 3.1 with jsf, but you have to change some fundamental things. e.g. returning the node name instead of 'home' as the outcome of some methods, create the corresponding jsf config outcomes, but to have something customized *in* these pages, you have to change the taskvariable suff to return a hashmap instead of a list.

It worked for me, but threw it away in favour of going for the 3.2 approach