5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2006 1:15 PM by kukeltje

how can i apply your jbpm with tomcat web server..

ggtop

Hi...

I wonder how can i fix properties or web.xml to use jbpm in tomcat4.2

when i was deploy jbpm example file with plug in eclips. there is some weird file like (jboss-bean.deplyer , jbpm.sar, jms, ...xml . jboss-local-jdbc.rar ....) in deploy directory...

so i copyed jbpm.war in my tomcat webapps directory and start tomcat.

but explorer has no reponse and tomcat log wrote under message.

"[17:37:06.390] WEB-INF/web.xml:8: `org.jbpm.web.JbpmThreadsServlet' is not a known servlet. Servlets belong in the classpath, often in WEB-INF/classes."

How can i resolve this problem . means, i want jbpm with tomcat4.2 not a embeded jbpm-starters-kit-3.1..

please Help me and teach me.

• 1. Re: how can i apply your jbpm with tomcat web server..
          ggtop

"ggtop" wrote:
          Hi...

I wonder how can i fix properties or web.xml to use jbpm in tomcat4.2

when i was deploy jbpm example file with plug in eclips. there is some weird file like (jboss-bean.deplyer , jbpm.sar, jms, ...xml . jboss-local-jdbc.rar ....) in deploy directory...

so i copyed jbpm.war in my tomcat webapps directory and start tomcat.

but explorer has no reponse and tomcat log wrote under message.

"[17:37:06.390] WEB-INF/web.xml:8: `org.jbpm.web.JbpmThreadsServlet' is not a known servlet. Servlets belong in the classpath, often in WEB-INF/classes."

How can i resolve this problem . means, i want use jbpm with tomcat4.2 not a embeded jbpm-starters-kit-3.1..

please Help me and teach me.

• 2. Re: how can i apply your jbpm with tomcat web server..
            ayznasn

hello,
            i think you may use jboss-jbpm-server is better than tomcat,because jbpm-sever has already,tomcat as service
            when you use jbpm.war alomne in tomcat it can't work because the jbpm api doesn't exist within it, in the other hand the jbpm api is already existe in jbpm-server as service you can find this api in
            jbpm-server_HOME/server/jbpm/deploy/jbpm.sar

• 3. Re: how can i apply your jbpm with tomcat web server..
              kukeltje

Sorry, but this advise is rather wrong. jBPM can run fine with tomcat. You just have to do some repackaging of the war. There does not need to be a 'fix' to web.xml or anything, just include al the right libraries either on the tomcat classpath or in the war.

The starterkit is mostly meant for demo purposes. People trying to extend this should (imo) rather learn how to package things right for a normal j2ee/servlet engine.

• 4. Re: how can i apply your jbpm with tomcat web server..
                ggtop

thanks for reply ..
                i like to know how to repackage of the war.
                many times i tried to but everytime it occured same error message.

please tell me more detail.

• 5. Re: how can i apply your jbpm with tomcat web server..
                  kukeltje

search the forum, it is mentioned many times here