2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2006 1:59 PM by kukeltje

invoking code from an ear file

bentins

I'm trying to integrate JBpm into an existing j2ee application running on Jboss in it's own ear. I'm using Jbpm as a service.

I need to write actions that do things directly in the application like invoking some processes, beans and such. The problem is that Jbpm.sar does not see my ear file in it's class path, and thus I get the class not found exceptions. I've read the stuff about classloading in jboss, however I couldn't find how its done in practice, adding the ear file into Jbpm service classpath.

thnx

• 1. Re: invoking code from an ear file
          hosierdm

The only solution I could really come up with was to not use the jbpm.sar and deploy the jbpm libraries directly in my ear. I even put the jbpm.war in my ear as well. I'm not clear on the reason/benefits of having jbpm deployed as a service with the sar file. If you search this forum, there was some discussion on the matter a while back, but I don't know if there was every any kind of "resolution".

• 2. Re: invoking code from an ear file
            kukeltje

Some additional info: Other sars/jars/ears/wars should *not* be able to see classes in eachother. So the solution posted by David is, afaik, the only 'solution', or you could deploy some required classes outside of your ear....