14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2006 10:56 AM by falazar

jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas, TX

qqchuck

I need a jBPM expert (now part of JBoss -- but I NEED a jBPM expert) for a limited engagement -- 8-24hrs of consulting to do work on a prototype. This can be done during business hours or after, but must be done in person in either Denver, CO or Dallas, TX. If you're expert enough, I might be willing to pay for travel expenses.

In the first 3-6 sentences of your response, you need to convince me that you have ACTUAL experience using jBPM in a non trivial(prototype) application. This experience is VERY important. Also please attach a copy of your resume and a proposed hourly rate in your email. If you don't have actual experience using jBPM, please do not respond.

You can email me at: qqchuck-site@yahoo(dot)com

Thanks,

Chuck

• 1. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,

What do you consider an expert?
          Have you got it installed and just need a full demo?

We have got it working here in Austin, tx University of Texas, with the default database, and now an Oracle DB, and have setup successfully a few of the features, and some processes defined.

We have tested the timers and they work fine, but were having some troubles with the group task assignment, as that does not seem fully fledged out in the 3.1.1 version. I have been told this is to be updated greatly in the 3.2 CVS head, and am currently trying to put that together.

James Ratcliff

• 2. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
            qqchuck

I think my question to you James is:

Are you using jBPM in a production environment to do more than just a trivial workflow process? And, if so, were you the person who made it do so?

• 3. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
              kukeltje

My question would then be: What is your definition of trivial? I've created some processes that others would call difficult/non-trival but I think the're trivial.

• 4. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                kukeltje

My question would then be: What is your definition of trivial? I've created some processes that others would call difficult/non-trival but I think the're trivial.

• 5. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                  cpob

Is a jBPM expert needed for just designing process definitions (workflows)?

Or are you looking for someone who understands the jBPM API, the nuances with the GPD plugin, the jPDL xml schema itself, the database structure, etc?

If I was close by, I'd be banging on your door :)

• 6. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                    kukeltje

back in the line cpob ;-) we were first. Hey, I even offered an unnamed US univ free expertise, well free..... just a flight from europe and small hotel for two weeks

• 7. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,

As I said I have got it working with a few number of things, but nothing greatly complicated, I have used the timers, and the decision task nodes and groups and such, forked and joined some workflow processes.
                      We are not using it in production, I am holding out to see what the 3.2 version is going to look like, and whether it cleans up the webapp interface, and how much we are going to need to work on it after that.
                      We were using a different product, but it was very buggy, and just was not goign to meet our needs.
                      If your ASAP is not so immediate, I would say holding out for a couple weeks would let us have a much more complete usage of the JBPM process down...
                      Can you say here, or in email what exactly you are using the system for?
                      - email falazar@yahoo.com

James

• 8. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                        qqchuck

Sorry if I'm being unclear, but I also understand how unclear things can be in a technical world!

(As an aside, I've been doing Java for 9 years solid now, so I'm fairly experienced, but just need help with this particular engine)

"My question would then be: What is your definition of trivial? I've created some processes that others would call difficult/non-trival but I think the're trivial."

Think of it as:
                        1. The example "Hello world" type project offered by the tutorial developers.

2. Add timers, forks, joins, and say... at least 10 total nodes.

3. Add experience troubleshooting and using in a production environment under at least a minimum load of say... 3-4 users.

4. A "nice to have" feature of a developer would be using jBPM without having used it inside JBoss, but that's not required. (I'm working on getting them to JBoss, and this project should help, but for now, we have to use another container - which you shouldn't have to worry about too much -- I can tie them together.)

The rest of any questions and convo could be handled in a 5-10 minute phone convo, so if anyone would like me to contact them about this engagement, like I said above, convince me in the first 3-6 sentences of your email that you've got some of the above, and I'll respond to you and we'll get on the phone and quickly figure out if were a potential match or not. I won't waste your time.

Email me here: qqchuck-site@yahoo dot com

• 9. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                          qqchuck

bump

• 10. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                            qqchuck

[duplicate]

• 11. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                              kukeltje

Please chuck, no bumping. If it is that important, you can always call JBoss or one of its affiliates and hire someone from there.

• 12. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                                qqchuck

"kukeltje" wrote:
                                Please chuck, no bumping. If it is that important, you can always call JBoss or one of its affiliates and hire someone from there.

Except I've called them(ya'll) 3 separate times to 2 different sales people and not a single return phone call. I'm not bitter, I'm just tellin ya how it is.

• 13. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,
                                  koen.aers

Chuck,

Sorry about our sales organisation not reacting to your request. I forwarded your request to sales again. Hopefully they will react this time.

Regards,
                                  Koen

• 14. Re: jBPM expert needed ASAP Part Time Denver, CO or Dallas,

qqChuck,
                                    I sent the phone number, if you are still interested. I will be out Wednesday, but can get you another number if needed.

I will actually be heading up to denver for vacation in a few weeks as well... So it would be possible to meet in either dallas or denver.

James Ratcliff