4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2006 9:10 AM by cpob

How to start scheduler? (for timers)

cwad0000

Currently I include jbpm-3.1.2.jar and jbpm-identity-3.1.2.jar in my project.

What do I need to do to include and start a scheduler that handles the timers?

I could not find any information on this in the documentation.

• 1. Re: How to start scheduler? (for timers)
          kukeltje

SEARCH THIS FINE FORUM. TWO POSTS BELOW IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2. Re: How to start scheduler? (for timers)
            cwad0000

no it is not.

i have searched this fine forum, and found postings with code snippets regarding people wanting to create their own schedulers, people creating EJB3 schedulers, people looking for mbean schedulers.

surely there is such a thing as basic timer scheduler included in the distribution?

If not, imo it should be included since timers are not useful if they are not triggered.
            If it is included, the chapter on timers/schedulers in the user guide should be updated, it would surely clear up some confusion.

btw, you seem to have hit your caps lock button.

• 3. Re: How to start scheduler? (for timers)
              kukeltje

I DID NOT, THE SHIFT KEY IS STUCK. DID YOU READ THIS LINK: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=88052

• 4. Re: How to start scheduler? (for timers)
                cpob

cwad, did you look at the sample web application? It's in there.

Plus, it is in the manual, although rather light:

Manual wrote:
                The timer component software is packaged in the core jbpm library, but it needs to be deployed in one of the following environments: either you have to configure the scheduler servlet to spawn the monitoring thread or you have to start up a separate JVM with the scheduler main.

A lot of the answers are in the sample web app, or JUnit test cases supplied w/ jBPM. Just gotta give them a solid look-through.