4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2006 3:19 AM by yxyang

task assigment and ejb role/group

Hello

When i try to define the assigment for a given task, is it possible to retrieve the users from the EJB enviroment instead of the JBPM identity component database?

11.11.2.1. First terms

An expression is resolved from left to right. The first-term specifies a User or Group in the identity model. Subsequent terms calculate the next term from the intermediate user or group.

previous means the task is assigned to the current authenticated actor. This means the actor that performed the previous step in the process.

swimlane(swimlane-name) means the user or group is taken from the specified swimlane instance.

variable(variable-name) means the user or group is taken from the specified variable instance. The variable instance can contain a java.lang.String, in which case that user or group is fetched from the identity component. Or the variable instance contains a User or Group object.

user(user-name) means the given user is taken from the identity component.

group(group-name) means the given group is taken from the identity component.

The reason i want to do this way is because i need to integrate the jbossportal with jbpm in my project. Currently, jbpm use different identity component than that of jboss application server system.

The problem currently facing is that how to assign tasks to users/roles in existing JBOSS application server system instead of using jbpm its own?

Please advice. Any recommendations are appreciated.

yang

• 1. Re: task assigment and ejb role/group

In other words, the question is about the integration of the jbpm identity module with JBOSS portal.

I think it is much better to reuse the jbossportal identity module instead of using jbpm its own.

What is the status of such a development?

thanks
          yang

• 2. Re: task assigment and ejb role/group

Practically & under current jbpm & Jbossportal status,

(1)Is implementing AssignmentHandler for tasks the only way to use the jbossportal identity information such as role, users? (without modifying the jbpm3.1 codes)
            (2)Will implementing AssignmentHandler work?

I know assignment expression is a good way, but it couples with current jbpm identity module, so, i don't want to touch it in my current project.

Please advice

yang

• 3. Re: task assigment and ejb role/group
              kukeltje

1: currently yes
              2: I see no explicìt reason why not, only thing could be something with pooled actors. AFAIR there was some relation between pooled actors and the identiti module.

The assignment exppression can be overridden.

• 4. Re: task assigment and ejb role/group

OK.

Confirm & tested that AssigmentHandler works well.

So, this topic is closed!

Yang