4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2006 11:42 AM by conrado

To edit programatically the processdefinition.jpg

conrado

Hi list,
      I need to edit the processdefinition's view programatically. For example if the a web-user say "insert this new state between this state and this other state" I would show him the change in the process definition. So, I suppose I need to edit processdefinition.xml and gpd.xml...
      Someone know if something like that was implemented? Thank's for help.

Regards,
      Conrado

• 1. Re: To edit programatically the processdefinition.jpg
          conrado

List,

Why org.jbpm.jpdl.xml.JpdlXmlWriter class is deprecated? The comment say:
          /**
          * @deprecated xml generation was never finished and will be removed in the future.
          */
          So, why "will be removed"?

Another question, how can I do to build a format processdefinition.xml, with it gpd.xml and processimage.jpg, like do the jbpm plugin? What can I see (read) to know about that, any documentation?

Thanks and regards,
          Conrado

• 2. Re: To edit programatically the processdefinition.jpg
            crossleyjuan

HI Conrado,

I'm new in here too, and trying to get involved in this as much as I can, but I don't understand your question, do you meant that you want a user modifying your process definition as a response of a change in the process state?

Why would you like that? is easier if you predict that and made the process to involve the different states... can you give me an example of your idea?

• 3. Re: To edit programatically the processdefinition.jpg
              joaofslopes

Hi.

I need this kind of idea to my project. In runnig time, the admin of the system could have the chance to modify the process definition using only graphical tools. In this case I think that we have to re-write de process definition xml file to the next time that the system starts again.

Is this possible? if it is, do you have any suggestion to best practises?

Just one more question: can a processdefinition.xml have no end-state ?

Thanks

• 4. Re: To edit programatically the processdefinition.jpg
                conrado

crossleyjuan,
                thanks for your interest, I need just joaofslopes said, "the admin of the system could have the chance to modify the process definition using only graphical tools"...

If anyone know about something was made, thanks in advance

Regards, Conrado