5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2006 9:49 AM by mgommeringer

JPDL Designer Eclipse plugin freezes on save

mgommeringer

Hello everyone,

I currently tried out the designer plugin 3.0.12 and run again into the problem I described at
      http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=82559&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40
      Pressing the "save" button on a modified process definition causes Eclipse to hang a long time (about 3 minutes) with a CPU load of 100%.

Differing from the recommendations I use Eclipse 3.2.
      I did not uninstall the older version of the designer plugin before installing the new version via update manager - can this cause such an error?

Thanks in advance,
      matthias

• 1. Re: JPDL Designer Eclipse plugin freezes on save
          kukeltje

does the problem persist if you close all other projects? Besides, 3.0.12 IS for 3.2, where did you read it is not?

you can also try to disable the older version instead of uninstalling.

• 2. Re: JPDL Designer Eclipse plugin freezes on save
            mgommeringer

Thanks for your response.

I closed all other Eclipse-Projects and tried it again: moved one node on the process definition (via GUI) and saved it -> same problem. CPU usage of 100%.

In the readme.html file of the jbpm-gpd-site-3.0.12.zip, I found that it is only tested with 3.1 version of Eclipse.

• 3. Re: JPDL Designer Eclipse plugin freezes on save
              kukeltje

Thanks for reporting. I myself noticed short hangups on the cvs branche of the GPD, I never moved from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12.

I think the readme should be updated. afaik, 3.0.12 is only tested against eclipse 3.2. Are there any other plugins installed? If so, is the behaviour the same if you just use a plain eclipse install?

• 4. Re: JPDL Designer Eclipse plugin freezes on save
                mgommeringer

For testing I tried to install the 3.0.12 plugin on a plain, fresh eclipse 3.2 (only JDT included, no WTP or other stuff). The update manager says that the "org.apache.xerces" plugin is required but missing. I'll now search on how to fix this the easiest way - probably installing WTP...
                I'll report my results later.

• 5. Re: JPDL Designer Eclipse plugin freezes on save
                  mgommeringer

Here I am again.

Now I got really confused. Looking into the jbpm-gpd-site-3.0.12.zip, I saw that the plugins directory already contains the xerces plugin which (as it seems) cannot be found...

...I installed the latest eclipse 3.2.1, the latest WebToolsProject plugin and the designer plugin 3.0.12. Now simply opening the processdefinition.xml takes about 5 minutes and my CPU is getting hot...