4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2006 2:30 PM by leobaz2

ProcessDefinition -> jPDL

leobaz2

How can I go from an in-memory ProcessDefinition object to a jPDL xml file? I see that there is a JpdlXmlWriter but that is deprecated. Is there another way? How does the process designer in Eclipse create the jPDL?

• 1. Re: ProcessDefinition -> jPDL
          kukeltje

1: here to... STFF

2: The PD generates an XML file from a different kind of model than the runtime engine does.

• 2. Re: ProcessDefinition -> jPDL
            leobaz2

So are you saying there is no way to go from ProcessDefinition object to jPDL? Should I use the PD API?

• 3. Re: ProcessDefinition -> jPDL
              kukeltje

No, that is not what I said. I said to STFF. If you did that and came to the conclusion that "there is no way to go from ProcessDefinition object to jDPL" and want me to confirm that, then the answer is yes.

I'm not sure about the status of the (G)PD (to avoid confusion) api for modelling and even more unsure if you should use it. What is your intention?

• 4. Re: ProcessDefinition -> jPDL
                leobaz2

I did STFF but the only post I found said to use the JpdlXmlWriter which is deprecated and will be removed.

I have an API that creates my own in-memory process definition. I need to take this process definition and convert it to other various BPM engine process definitions such as jBPM, OpenWFE, Shark, etc ... So I need to take my in-memory process definition and call APIs to create jPDL.

The reason I want to call APIs is that the APIs will probably change less than the jPDL syntax itself.