1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2007 11:08 AM by kukeltje

Standalone Logging Issue

mwilling

I am aware that logging issues have been discussed at length on these forums, and in the guides, I have done searches and read through quite a few of them, but am still unable to solve my very simple problem, so hopefully someone here can help.

I am doing some very basic testing with the jbpm API in a simple standalone app. Regardless of what configuration files I add to my classpath, log4j.xml, log4j.properties, common-logging.properties, etc. The default logging thresholds seem to be applied, starting at INFO.

It is highly annoying to watch 15 secs of debug output lag my application every time I make a change and recompile, has anyone else run into this issue, and how did you resolve it?

i.e.

Feb 9, 2007 11:56:51 AM org.jbpm.JbpmConfiguration getInstance
      INFO: using jbpm configuration resource 'jbpm.cfg.xml'
      Feb 9, 2007 11:56:51 AM org.hibernate.cfg.Environment <clinit>
      INFO: Hibernate 3.1
      INFO: hibernate.properties not found
      INFO: using CGLIB reflection optimizer

I have modified the logging settings for the jbpm server and they apply correctly, just not sure how to get my application to use anything but what appears to be 'default' logging levels.

Let me re-iterate this is a standalone application that I have simply invoked the jbpm API with, and my only problem is that by default logging output is at the threshold 'INFO' and dumps the output to the console which is highly undesirable in terms of runtime, I have been unable to discover a method to have it use a local logging configuration file.

I apologize if I am missing something in the guide or in a previous post but I have yet to find anything that would help me. I am a c++ developer writing a wrapper to jbpm with java, so there may be a simple java semantic that alludes me, but it seems that if I have the config files in the classpath it should be acceptable? For example the hibernate.cfg is read properly from my local classpath when loading this custom app.

Regards,

-Matt

• 1. Re: Standalone Logging Issue
          kukeltje

First, the logging that has been discussed here is the jbpm logging, not the log4j logging which you refere to.

If you want a loglevel of error to the console, change that threshold.

Again, this is a log4j issue. not a jbpm issue