2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2007 8:40 AM by ax666

sub processes and versioning

ax666

one question concerning process versions. I have a process and a sub process. obviously deployment sets the version to use. I mean after deploying initial versions of both processes. this assignment is in the database. After deploying a newer version of the sub process, the parent process will still execute the older version. documentation says

version attribute optional the version of the sub process. If no version is specified, the latest version of the given process will be taken.

only if I redeploy the parent process (which didn't change), the newer sub process version will be used. to me that sounds like a bug, or did I miss something?
      alex

• 1. Re: sub processes and versioning
          koen.aers

Hi Alex,

The binding of the called subprocess definition happens at deployment time of the calling process definition. So it is at that point that the subprocess and its version (if specified) are chosen. If there is no subprocess with that name deployed in the repository, the binding does not happen.
          The idea is that you can do this binding afterwards manually through a management feature in the console, which at this point does not exist AFAIK. But it should not be too difficult to write such a piece of code yourself.

Regards,
          Koen

• 2. Re: sub processes and versioning
            ax666

thanks for that hint, I will enhance our deployment function to do this.