0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2007 8:14 PM by i,bigfoot

Error when starting jBoss with jbpm - database timers

i,bigfoot

Hi.

Being relatively new to jBPM (and other technologies!) I am not sure that this is the correct spot for this question, so I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction!

I have downloaded the jBPM suite and playing around with building a simple struts webapp that can either create a new process instance or load an existing one. This is packaged and deployed in the JBoss portal server with hibernate configured to use an oracle 9i local database.

Once I had packaged and deployed my new EAR containing the jBPM project I started to get the following error :

2007-07-30 09:45:56,425 INFO [STDOUT] 09:45:56,425 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
      2007-07-30 09:45:56,425 INFO [STDOUT] 09:45:56,425 ERROR [SchedulerSession] org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query using iterate
      2007-07-30 09:45:56,425 INFO [STDOUT] 09:45:56,425 INFO [SchedulerThread] runtime exception while executing timers
      org.jbpm.JbpmException: couldn't find timers from the database
      at org.jbpm.db.SchedulerSession.findTimersByDueDate(SchedulerSession.java:88)
      at org.jbpm.scheduler.impl.SchedulerThread.executeTimers(SchedulerThread.java:106)
      at org.jbpm.scheduler.impl.SchedulerThread.run(SchedulerThread.java:70)
      Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute query using iterate
      at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:67)
      at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
      at org.hibernate.loader.hql.QueryLoader.iterate(QueryLoader.java:420)
      at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.iterate(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:318)
      at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performIterate(HQLQueryPlan.java:177)
      at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.iterate(SessionImpl.java:1156)
      at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.iterate(QueryImpl.java:46)
      at org.jbpm.db.SchedulerSession.findTimersByDueDate(SchedulerSession.java:82)
      ... 2 more
      Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Now I am not sure what is going on here. Does the jBPM refer to a database timer table? I created the schema using the oracle scripts in the package, this didn't seem to create all the required tables.
      So I then created the schema programatically (jbpmConfiguration.createSchema() ) which created more tables than the scripts seemed to, but still no database timers table.

Can anyone offer advice on how to either remove the configuration from jBPM to stop it looking for a database timer (not required at the moment) or (preferably) point me to some reading about the database timer tables that should exist in my jBPM schema?

Cheers,
      Troy