4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2007 9:54 AM by rvsoft

Subprocess initiation fails

robhadfield

Hi, I think this is related to http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPM-949 which we upgraded to 3.2.1 to get around. We changed our code to specify a business key when creating a new process instance. Now our 2nd and subsequent processes start OK, but the subprocesses that they might fork fail with the same problem. How do we set the business 'key' for a subprocess, as it is not inherited from the parent process? Currently we can run only one instance of a subprocess or this problem will bite us! We don't want to relax the constraint in the database...

• 1. Re: Subprocess initiation fails

Rob,

ProcessInstance.hbm.xml in head has already been modified to relax the uniqueness constraint.

I don't know what the plans are in this area... I vaguely remember some forum mail leading to relaxation of the constraint. You might want to try to dig it up... however, I can't find it, so I might be dreaming.

-Ed Staub

• 2. Re: Subprocess initiation fails
            rvsoft

Hello,
            i'am getting an error always when i try to start a new instance of a process definition containing a sub-process:

Error starting process: An exception of type "org.jbpm.JbpmException" was thrown. The message is: can't create a process instance when processDefinition is null

I have something like this:
            <process-state name="sample">
            <sub-process name='targetNameFile' />

I'am doing something wrong?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Subprocess initiation fails
              kukeltje

do you have a sub processresolver in your jbpm config?

• 4. Re: Subprocess initiation fails
                rvsoft

I dont think so.

Where can i look for it?

Thanks