the forum is part of the labs project... and I doubt they will introduce something like this. You can try and convince all users to add e.g. the version number in the subject like: [3.2.1] Problem starting my kiteboard
Yep.. the problem is that documentation doesn't follow the written code. And user guide isn't up-to-date anymore. And user forum has old tips. This is quite common problem in (os) projects that are in constant progress. I think it creates a bit of confusion and this is one reason why open source is criticised so much.
one reason why open source is criticised so much.
- The forums are no different in commercial software.
- The quality of the code isn't any different (in fact, things are often fixed quicker in OS)
- The support is often better (my personal exerience, I´ve worked with many majore vendors)
- The docs lag... yes.... but the code can be used (and should) as docs
- OS targets in some cases different users, requireing more detailed knowledge, but this is imo good. Users of commercial software often have less knowledge, that is why they (need to) buy expensive consulting