1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2007 9:10 AM by jxerxes

jBPM 3.1.1 Subprocess Problem

jxerxes

Hello everybody!

I'm using jBPM 3.1.1 and trying to use subprocesses.
      When i started i always got nullpointer exceptions when entering the processstate. i looked up the userguide, wiki, forums and in the forums i found solutions. the first thing was to deploy the subprocess first, thats clear...

but i still got the exception. then i manually inserted a value the subprocess_ column of the node table and the problem was gone.
      but i therefore again got a nullpointer exception, this time when leaving the processstate. then i figured out that i have to signal() the sub process at least once (so that ist really started, not only an instance is there) and then it works.

my question is now: is the first thing a bug and the second thing maybe strange standard behaviour of jBPM or did i do something wrong?
      the bug was mentioned in http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPM-895 (i at least suppose thats what i encountered).

but is it possible to configure the behviour of the sub/super process relation? i would say it should at least be possible to configure it so that the superprocess can only continue when the subprocess has ended...

best regards and thanks in advance
      gregor

• 1. Re: jBPM 3.1.1 Subprocess Problem
          jxerxes

hello again, just forgotten something...

i tried the solution (signalling the subprocess so that the superprocess doesnt throw an exception) just by signalling the newest processInstance of the subprocessDefinition.
          in a test environment this is fine, but in a multiuser production environment the latest instance of a that process could as well have been created by another user just a moment later. but that would mean i have to get the processinstance from the processstate and there is only a method for getting the processDef. i hope i'n not completely on the wrong trail...

again best regards
          gregor