Sorry, the xml didn't render properly, let me try again
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <process-definition xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2" name="simple"> <start-state name="start"> <transition name="to_wait" to="wait for signature"></transition> </start-state> <state name="wait for signature"> <transition name="" to="end"></transition> </state> <end-state name="end"> </end-state> </process-definition>
look at the logs of the server to see what goes wrong
nothing at all shows up in jbpm-jdpl-3.2.2/server/server/jbpm/log/server.log; every 5 seconds it just does its thing and nothing shows up for the failed deploy. The failure seems to be a syntax error, since when I have a 2 node diagram, it deploys fine, but when I add another node, it won't.
The whole deploy from the IDE process seems very brittle. I took the websale example, it worked and deployed fine, then I added a node to the diagram without any transitions to the existing process, and I get the same deployment error. Then I removed the node, and it still wouldn't deploy. Then I used local history to revert to the process from before I started monkeying with it, and it still won't deploy.
Sometimes, deleting the gpd.xml and forcing it to regenerate seems to help, but only sometimes.
What I wanted to do was to start with the example, make a small change, make sure it still works, and continue, but the smallest change, even after it's undone, breaks the deployment process.