1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 26, 2007 8:08 AM by johan.parent

reconfigure hobernate.connection.password for jbpm connectio

tcroteau

I am using jbpm 3.2 and mysql.

I need to remove the hibernate.connection.password from the hibernate.cfg.xml file as it is considered a security breach to have the password in plain text.

However, once the hibernate sessionfactory is built in jbpm I am no longer able to change the password property and have jbpm pick up the value and use it. I have also tried just setting the System property and this also is not working.

Is there a way to do this in my code?

• 1. Re: reconfigure hobernate.connection.password for jbpm conne
          johan.parent

Hi,

I don't know if that's the best way to do this but here is how I did it (just last week in fact).

NOTE: I did this for jbpm3.1 but things may not have changed that much for 3.2.

You need to do 2 things:

1) make your own DbPersistenceServiceFactory
          2) patch your jbpm.cfg.xml

Some snippets below (adjust to your package names etc):

In 1 you do the runtime (re)configuration of your credentials. Below I use my own code to get the credentials from somewhere else.

public class MyDbPersistenceServiceFactory extends org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceServiceFactory {
           private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;

@Override
           public synchronized Configuration getConfiguration() {
           Configuration config = super.getConfiguration();

//
           config.setProperty("hibernate.connection.username", Credentials.getUsername());
           config.setProperty("hibernate.connection.password", Credentials.getPassword());

return config;
           }

}

And now 2 tell jbpm to use your factory by making your jbpm.cfg.xml look like this (more or less):

<jbpm-configuration>

<jbpm-context>
           <!--<service name="persistence" factory="org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceServiceFactory" />-->

<service name="persistence">
           <factory>
           <bean class="MyDbPersistenceServiceFactory"/>
           </factory>

Hope this helps,

Johan