1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2008 4:56 AM by koen.aers

Deploy jbpm-console into jboss-4.2.1.GA

jagr

I have been using jbpm-jpdl-3.2.2 with eclipse plugin designer, and server that it's on the distribution.
      I've changed embedded hypersonic database to mysql database, and I've been working succefully.
      Now I want to deploy my process to another jboss as.

When I want test my process, only go to deployment tab on eclipse designer and write on fields:
      server name:localhost
      server port: 8080
      Server Deployer: /jbpm/upload

then, I press "Deploy Process Archive". Deploy runs ok, and i can check the process at http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console

Now I want to deploy my process into another jboss AS that it's on another server. jboss is jboss-4.2.1.GA.

I try to deploy process using eclipse designer with
      server name: 192.168.1.201 (ip of server with jbosss running)
      server port: 8080
      Server Deployer: /jbpm/upload

but Exceptions is thrown

An exception happened while testing the server connection.
      Reason
      An unexpected exception caused the test connection operation to fail.
      >>Details
      http://192.168.1.201:8080/jbpm/upload

I've readed that to deploy processo to jboss 4.2.X, on WEBINF/lib dir on jbpm-console.war only should contain:
      commons-fileupload.jar
      commons-io.jar
      gravel.jar
      jbpm4jsf.jar
      jbpm-identity.jar
      jbpm-jpdl.jar
      jsf-facelets.jar

Then I 've tried to copy jbpm-console.war that runs ok into my server to jboss-4.2.1.GA and configure WEBINF/lib only with correct jars.
      When jboss-4.2.1.GA try to deploy war, large exception is thrown on jboss console.

Sombody knows how to deploy processdefinitioninto another jboss AS?

• 1. Re: Deploy jbpm-console into jboss-4.2.1.GA
          koen.aers

Does it work if you try to deploy a process on a remote server that is taken directly from the suite distribution? If yes, the problem must be purely due to library issues on your customized server. Make sure you have commons-fileupload and commons-io somewhere on the classpath.
          Btw. Deploying using the GPD is not really advised except for developing purposes.

Regards,
          Koen