4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2008 2:37 AM by kukeltje

Jbpm - Transaction to be used

Hi,

I am planning to create a SessionFacade infront of my Jbpm. Could somebody tell me what type of a transation should I use in this scenario?
      Basically, Should I leave the Transation to be managed by the Container (CMT) or Hibernate (JTA)?

Also, could you please tell me in which scenario should I disable my transaction in jbpm-cfg.xml? i.e isTransactionEnabled="false"?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Jbpm - Transaction to be used

Probably CMT. The question to ask is whether there is an outer contextual transaction that you want the engine to participate in.

Usually, there's an MDB driving at least some activity, and usually you want the MDB to roll back and retry on an engine exception. But your situation may be different.

-Ed Staub

• 2. Re: Jbpm - Transaction to be used

Thank you...my exact scenario is as below...

I have a J2EE application which is already using Hibernate (running on Jboss)....My jbpm process is to be plugged into this existing application. I am planning to create my jbpm databases on a different schema and the existing J2EE application is using another schema...

Can I use the same Hibernate session of the J2EE application for Jbpm? (session injection?)...What kind of a transaction would be preferable in this scenario.?

• 3. Re: Jbpm - Transaction to be used

Could you please tell me when to use DBPersistenceServiceFactory and when to use the default JtaPersistenceServiceFactory?

• 4. Re: Jbpm - Transaction to be used
                kukeltje

please read the docs on db/persistency/transactions a little. There is info on injecting sessions etc. Best is if you read the docs from cvs since there have been some updates lately in that area