7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2008 2:27 AM by turanyi

Dying processes problem

turanyi

Hi.
      Imagine: I deploy process. Everything is ok. Process works.
      Now I stop JBoss server by ctrl+c. Server shutdown.
      After some time I start JBoss server and I see problems with deploy process from tmp...
      I look to jbossws console and I see prosess is not started. Process not respond, process is dead.
      I have to deploy it again to use it.
      WTF. Is it normal?

• 1. Re: Dying processes problem
          kukeltje

"Turanyi" wrote:

It can't just work... process INSTANCES have to be started or signalled
          "Turanyi" wrote:

Ok, this should not be a problem
          "Turanyi" wrote:

After some time I start JBoss server and I see problems with deploy process from tmp...

What deploy processes from tmp? What problems?
          "Turanyi" wrote:

I look to jbossws console and I see prosess is not started. Process not respond, process is dead.
          jbossws console? Never heard of that... process not responding?if it is persistant in the database you have to signal PROCESS INSTANCES again to continue to the next state... does not happen automagically

"Turanyi" wrote:

never heard of that...did you build custom code?
          "Turanyi" wrote:

WTF. Is it normal?

Please no swearing... even I have never done that

You have to be way more specific for us to be able to help you

• 2. Re: Dying processes problem
            turanyi

"kukeltje" wrote:
            "Turanyi" wrote:

It can't just work... process INSTANCES have to be started or signalled

I know. "Process works" it means that you look http://serverip:8080/jbossws/services you will see registered endpoind of your process and StartTime is not null - so process is ready to create incances and process INSTANCES can be started or signalled.

"kukeltje" wrote:
            "Turanyi" wrote:

Ok, this should not be a problem
            "Turanyi" wrote:

What deploy processes from tmp? What problems?

When starting JBoss server all services are deployed. On console you can see:
            DEBUG [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package: file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2GA/server/default/deploy/process.war
            DEBUG [org.jboss.web.WebModule] Starting jboss.web.deployment:war=process.war,id=-184595670
            DEBUG [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer] warURL: file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp43456process-exp.war/
            INFO [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/process, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp43456process-exp.war/
            ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/process]] Error configuring application listener of class org.jbpm.bpel.integration.server.IntegrationConfigurator
            ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/process]] Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s)
            DEBUG [org.jboss.web.WebModule] Starting failed jboss.web.deployment:war=process.war,id=-184595670
            DEBUG [org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable] org.jboss.util.NestedThrowable.detectDuplicateNesting=true
            org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp43456process-exp.war/ deployment failed
            WARN [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.web.deployment:war=process.war,id=-184595670 org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp43456process-exp.war/ deployment failed
            ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Could not start deployment: file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/process.war
            org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: URL file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp43456process-exp.war/ deployment failed
            DEBUG [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner] Failed to deploy: org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner$DeployedURL@f4ff4b2a{ url=file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/process.war, deployedLastModified=0 }

--- Incompletely deployed packages ---
            org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@f4ff4b2a { url=file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/process.war }
            deployer: MBeanProxyExt[jboss.web:service=WebServer]
            status: Deployment FAILED reason: URL file:/usr/jboss/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp43456process-exp.war/ deployment failed
            state: FAILED

"kukeltje" wrote:
            "Turanyi" wrote:

jbossws console? Never heard of that... process not responding?if it is persistant in the database you have to signal PROCESS INSTANCES again to continue to the next state... does not happen automagically

I mean http://serverip:8080/jbossws/services shows StartTime null and process can't start any INSTANCE.

"kukeltje" wrote:
            "Turanyi" wrote:

never heard of that...did you build custom code?

:) Me too. No custom code.

"kukeltje" wrote:
            "Turanyi" wrote:

WTF. Is it normal?

Please no swearing... even I have never done that

You have to be way more specific for us to be able to help you

:) No swearing but it is very disturbing

• 3. Re: Dying processes problem
              kukeltje

Ahhh... it is the BPEL version you are running... ok... makes sense now (a little) Unfortunately for you I have no real knowledge in this. Hope someone else will be able to...

• 4. Re: Dying processes problem
                turanyi

I found that problem was fixed in 1.1.GA
                https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/BPEL-280
                But I found it still remaining.

• 5. Re: Dying processes problem
                  kukeltje

then report that...

• 6. Re: Dying processes problem
                    turanyi

"kukeltje" wrote:
                    then report that...

Thanks I try, but I am very confused about that nobody hasn't same problem.

• 7. Re: Dying processes problem
                      turanyi

I can't believe that nobody has not same problem.