0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2008 10:06 AM by coralfe

seam global event - need direction or suggestions

coralfe

Hi,

I asked this on the seam forum but got no reply. Maybe someone here can help.

http://seamframework.org/Community/GlobalEvent

I am not sure how to design this and its seems slightly outside of the standard examples so I'm not finding clarity in the documentation.

The above thread suggested JBPM as a solution but I can't quite wrap my head about how to go about it. I don't even know if this is possible and I don't know if I'm asking the right questions.

Basically multiple users can edit the same information and I need a way to notify multiple users when data has changed.

What I would like to do is have an a4j:push component event fired.
      This appears to require multiple users receiving an event.

The receiving component is conversation scoped and I'm not sure how to
      get the information where it needs to be.

What I have so far is a seam component that creates the process and starts a notification task. But there I get stuck. I have assigned the next task to "assignment pooled-actors" but am having conceptual problems with what happens next. idealy I would like an observer in the conversation scoped component to handle some kind of event and I am outjecting into Business process scope a variable that gets injected for processing at this point.

If I have an event at the start of a task and it is received by a business process scoped component, how do I then get that info to each users bean?

The documentation is not helping me put this together. Please help.