3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2008 6:33 AM by dhanushgopinath

How to get a Bpel Process Instance through API?

dhanushgopinath

Hi,

I have deployed a BPEL and I am invoking it through a SOAP UI.

I want to get this ProcessInstance through API. I tried using GraphSession.findProcessInstances(procDefId), but it returned an error saying "couldn't load process instances for process definition '1'"

I checked the DB and found out that there are no entries in the JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE table. But there are entries in JBPM_PROCESSDEFINITION table of the process definition deployed.

Where are the Bpel Process Instances stored then? And how do I obtain them.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance
      Dhanush Gopinath

• 1. Re: How to get a Bpel Process Instance through API?
          dhanushgopinath

Hi All,

Any updates on this?

Does it mean that the BPEL Process Instance is not even held in the DB ?

Please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
          DHanush

• 2. Re: How to get a Bpel Process Instance through API?
            aguizar

BPEL process instances are definitely stored in the JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE table. There is no reason why you wouldn't be able to retrieve a process instance through the GraphSession methods, other than some database connectivity problem. What is the full message (and stack trace, if any) of the error you get?

• 3. Re: How to get a Bpel Process Instance through API?
              dhanushgopinath

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the confirmation. The fact was that my process is like this

receive ->assign->invoke->receive ....

The first receive and assign went fine, but I was getting exception in invoke.

I thought since the receive activity is completed the process instance might have created, but it was not. That's what confused me.

Now when I fixed the invoke's exception, it got working and the bpel process instances are indeed stored in JBPM_PROCESSINSTANCE table.

Many thanks Alex for confirming it. I am also gettign the process instance through the graph session methods.

Thanks
              Dhanush