0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2009 2:48 PM by cmarques

WSCompileTool can't find javac.Main

cmarques

Greetings,

I am trying to deploy the Hello World example included with BPEL, however wscompiletools is using a different classpath than my environment variable and therefore can't find java's tools.jar. Here are my current versions/settings and the error that gets logged.

Linux Fedora 9
      JBOSS-AS-4.2.2.GA
      JBPM-BPEL-1.1.GA
      Java JDK 1.5.0_07
      JWSDP-2.0

echo $JAVA_HOME
      /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_07

echo $CLASSPATH
      /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_07/lib/tools.jar

[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote interface definition: hello.wsdl
      [org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote binding definition: hello-binding-1.wsdl
      [org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote service definition: hello-service.wsdl
      [org.jbpm.bpel.xml.DeploymentDescriptorWriter] registered catalog writer: catalog=org.jbpm.bpel.integration.catalog.UrlCatalog, class=org.jbpm.bpel.xml.UrlCatalogWriter
      [org.jbpm.bpel.xml.DeploymentDescriptorWriter] registered catalog writer: catalog=org.jbpm.bpel.integration.catalog.CentralCatalog, class=org.jbpm.bpel.xml.CentralCatalogWriter
      [org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote deployment descriptor: bpel-deployment.xml
      [org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] wrote configuration: wscompile7322.xml
      [org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] using classpath: /usr/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/jboss-jaxrpc.jar:/usr/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/jboss-saaj.jar
      [org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] error : com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not available in the classpath..
      [org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] error: compilation failed, errors should have been reported
      [org.jbpm.bpel.xml.ProblemHandler] java mapping generation failed

Pulling this out of the log file I saw that WscompileTool is not using the classpath I have set. I assume it is getting this from one of Ant's xml scripts and needs to have the tools.jar in its path also to find the javac class. I have had no luck finding where this path is set. If that is indeed the issue does anyone know which file sets this path so I can update it, or if I am off base what else might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris