2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 8:33 AM by Rob Schepers

3.2.1 Datasource Change

Rob Schepers Newbie

I have tried to search, but just cannot seem to find a good answer on this. I apologize as I am a complete noob when it comes to JBOSS. I followed this http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11142 and used jbpm-jpdl-suite-3.2.1.zip to get jBPM going. I can start it up and run through the websale example. Now I need to change the backend database.

I think my major problem is that the user guide talks about files that do not exist (at least not in suite-3.2.1). I have been trying to follow this http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v3/userguide/thejbpmdatabase.html#d0e2465..

I have a new datasource "mssql-ds.xml" in my C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.1\server\server\jbpm\deploy directory. I tested this with a simple JSP and it seems to work. It is named <jndi-name>MSSQLDS</jndi-name>.

The problem I am running into is that the user guide suggests modifying jboss-service.xml which it says is found in
      ${JBPM_SDK_HOME}/jbpm-server/server/jbpm/deploy/jbpm.sar/META-INF
      I do NOT have a jbpm.sar. Is there something equivalent for 3.2.1?

After that step it suggests modifying hibernate.cfg.xml, which it says should be found in jbpm.sar.cfg.jar, which I do not have. :(

If anyone could tell me what file(s) in 3.2.1 I need to modify to change from the default datasource to my new datasource I would be very greatful.

-Rob the confused

• 1. Re: 3.2.1 Datasource Change
          Ronald van Kuijk Master

the hibernate.cfg.xml file is the one that needs adapting if you want to use that ds name. It's easier though rename your ds to jbpmds

• 2. Re: 3.2.1 Datasource Change
            Rob Schepers Newbie

That is my problem. I am using 3.2.1. The only hibernate.cfg.xml file I have is in C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.1\config. Changing that does not appear to affect anything. I am guessing only things under the deploy directory affect the system?

Is there an equivalent file somewhere in the 3.2.1 deploy directory structure?

From all the stuff I have read/searched it would seem that I need to change the datasource in jboss-service.xml and then change the dialect in hibernate.cfg.xml, but the 3.2.1 zip that I downloaded does not have these files in the deploy section.

Perhaps I need to give up on 3.2.1 and go with a newer release. The only reason I was using 3.2.1 was because jbpm-jpdl-suite-3.2.1.zip comes prepped and ready to run. I am a noob on this stuff and I have not been able to get 3.3x working without the quickstart. If someone knows of a step by step guide for 3.3x I could try that, but I have not found anything that detailed. The main page for jBPM links to the 4x documentation which is not finished at this time.