1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 6:04 AM by shekharv

JBPM - How to configure Application Database connections par

Hello,

Can somebody tell me how do I configure Application Database connection parameters (e.g. max no. of connetions, max no. of idle connections etc)in JBPM?

I have an requirement where in I'll have MySQL for JBPM Database and Oracle for application database (to implement business logic in JBPM process which need to interact with Oracle schema). I know how to use MySQL as JBPM database. But I did not get any where how do I interact with application database using JBPM (through JDBC/Hibernate/Spring).
      But how JBPM does application database transaction management and connection pooling?

Does JBPM provides any provision for application database connetion pooling across JBPM process instances?

How do JBPM handles application database transaction management?

It will be very helpful if somebody help me on this.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: JBPM - How to configure Application Database connections
          shekharv

OK, I looked at your post first and got the impression that you wanted to set up a connection pool, but then you mention that you want the application is in oracle, but the jbpm database is in mysql?

How is your application interacting with jbpm? In embedded mode? If so, is there a particular reason why the two data is being kept in separate databases(coz it's much easier if it is one).

With the two database approach, you need to co-ordinate transactions using distributed transactions across both the databases.

You wrote:

Does JBPM provides any provision for application database connetion pooling across JBPM process instances?

I am not sure I understand the question there, across JBPM process instances? Coz, all JBPM process instances will reside in the same database.