Before you post a usage problem or bug, make sure you
1) Search the Userguide ( http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4.0/userguide/html_single/ )
2) Search the Devguide ( http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4.0/devguide/html_single/ )
3) Scan the wiki ( http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/jbpmwiki )
4) Search this forum for the solution. Maybe someone reported it before.
When reporting a problem in the user forum or in our support portal, please use the following snippet as a template:
=== Environment ==============================
- jBPM Version: which version of jBPM are you using?
- Database: which database and which version of that database
- JDK: which Java version are you using? use 'java -version' to find out
- Container: which Java version are you using? use 'java -version' to find out
- Configuration: is your jbpm.cfg.xml only importing files from the jbpm.jar
lib itself? or did you create a custom config file?
- Libraries: are you using the exact versions of the libs from inside the jbpm
distribution of the version that you're using? or did you change some of the libs?
=== Process ==================================
past jPDL process here
=== API ===================================
past the relevant code snippet that you use to invoke jBPM
=== Stacktrace ==============================
past full stack trace here
=== Debug logs ==============================
past debug logs here
=== Problem description =========================
Keep this part short and to the point. E.g. API doesn't work as expected. or e.g. method ExecutionService.signalExecutionById throws exception.
Clever readers will have noticed that some of these questions point to probably causes :-) Especially tweaking the libs and configuration can easily lead to trouble. That's why we have spend a great deal of effort to include default installations and a simplified configuration mechanism with imports. Think twice before you start to customize configurations beyond what is indicated in this userguide. Also think twice before replacing libs with other versions.