3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2005 2:07 AM by koen.aers

About GPD Grid Support

koen.aers

So the grid thing is implemented. At this moment it is not enabled by default. You enable/disable it by toggling the View->Show Grid menu. But I was actually thinking about some choices here. I could store the grid enablement as an overall property of the plugin for all processes in the GPD plugin preferences, or I could store it on an process by process base in the gpd.xml file. Same choices could be made (for later additions) on e.g. the color of the grid, the color of the nodes and transitions, etc...
      What do you guys think about this?

Regards,
      Koen

• 1. Re: About GPD Grid Support
          kukeltje

yeeeeehaaa go Koen.

I'd put it on a GDP level, not process-level. The gpd.xml should not be bloated with these items.

As a matter of fact, is the difference between the gpd.xml and the process-definition.xml so big? Mainly coordinates right? If the gpd gets it's own namespace in the process-definition.xml why not merge the two?

• 2. Re: About GPD Grid Support
            kukeltje

Tried it today. It's a great beginning. Some suggestions:
            - have the transitions snap to the grid to
            - make the transitions always be perpendicular (thank god there are these translation engines on the internet, otherwise I would not have known what "loodrecht" would have been in english)

p.s. Ever looked at the MyEclipse JSF editor? Maybe you guys can share some code? Or better, get MyEclipse on board ;-) It was initially based on some opensource plugin, http://easystruts.sourceforge.net/ afaik

• 3. Re: About GPD Grid Support
              koen.aers

Ronald,

I agree with you. But this is not a grid issue, it relates to the placement of anchor points of transitions, which is a whole different story... There is another JIRA issue describing this http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPM-205

Regards,
              Koen