1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 9, 2005 10:02 AM by aloubyansky

JBossXB release cycle and standalone project

Hi Alex,

I was reminded of this by your reponse to the other post "MappingObjectModel and polymorphism".

You might be aware that we are planning to move some projects out of the JBoss
      source tree. In particular, JBoss Cache and JBoss AOP which are used by JBossAS
      but can just as well be used standalone.

The idea will be that JBoss Cache can produce a release binary that can be used in all
      JBoss versions (with cvs branches in JBoss Cache if necessary for development purposes).

One of the main dependencies of this process will be the jboss-common project
      which includes JBossXB. Things like JBoss logging and JBossXB need to be using
      a similar technique where they deliver a binary that can be used by lots of different
      JBoss versions and standalone projects.

Your comment about deprecating the MappingObjectModelFactory leads me to
      believe that you are still in the development phase of JBossXB and that you are
      not ready to fix your API to satisfy the needs of using it across the many JBoss
      projects and their versions?

When do you think you will be at the stage where the core api will be stable
      enough to satisfy the above requirement?

• 1. Re: JBossXB release cycle and standalone project
          aloubyansky

"adrian@jboss.org" wrote:
          Your comment about deprecating the MappingObjectModelFactory leads me to
          believe that you are still in the development phase of JBossXB and that you are
          not ready to fix your API to satisfy the needs of using it across the many JBoss
          projects and their versions?

Right. I was changing public API lately. Some APIs are already fixed (like ObjectModelFactory, so in your case , you have full backwards compatibility).

"adrian@jboss.org" wrote:
          When do you think you will be at the stage where the core api will be stable
          enough to satisfy the above requirement?

Would one month be ok?

Thanks.