6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2005 8:03 PM by starksm64
      • 1. Re: Package names

Alex & Scott

You do realize that sourceforge is not very reliable at archiving its mailing lists:
        http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=7101&max_rows=25&style=ultimate&viewmonth=200506
        Parts of your discussion are missing...

• 2. Re: Package names

Is this just a case of refactoring package names?

In JBoss4 I can see both package names but the org.jboss.xb stuff is more complete
          with some duplication across the packages.

I'm going to see whether I can create a compatibility layer for now
          by making org.jboss.xb classes that extend org.jboss.xml.binding in head.

I'm only going to do enough to get the MC tests working in jboss4.

This is just a temporary solution such that I can get my stuff backported.

• 3. Re: Package names

"adrian@jboss.org" wrote:

I'm going to see whether I can create a compatibility layer for now
            by making org.jboss.xb classes that extend org.jboss.xml.binding in head.

This can't work because the object types created internally are still in the
            org.jboss.xml package. It will compile, but it gets ClassCastExceptions
            when I try to downcast at runtime.

I'll try to refactor it (and figure out where the package names are referenced in xml, xsd, etc)
            and if that fails, I'll just do a copy.

• 4. Re: Package names

Another issue is whether the system properties in Marshaller should be
              org.jboss.xml or org.jboss.xb

I'm going to leave them in org.jboss.xml to be compatible with JBoss4,
              but we should probably accept both?

• 5. Re: Package names

Comment by Scott from the dev list:

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 15:59, Scott M Stark wrote:
                The jboss-head version was going to be updated to the same org.jboss.xb
                > as the jbossxb the latest classes in 4.0. The legacy (4.0.2 version) is
                > what exists in the org.jboss.xml. It could just be easier to refactor
                > that in head.
                >
                > adrian@jboss.org wrote:
                >
                > >Is this just a case of refactoring package names?
                > >
                > >In JBoss4 I can see both package names but the org.jboss.xb stuff is more complete
                > >with some duplication across the packages.
                > >
                > >I'm going to see whether I can create a compatibility layer for now
                > >by making org.jboss.xb classes that extend org.jboss.xml.binding in head.
                > >
                > >I'm only going to do enough to get the MC tests working in jboss4.
                > >
                > >This is just a temporary solution such that I can get my stuff backported.
                > >
                >

• 6. Re: Package names
                  starksm64

I would doubt there is much usage of thie api (maybe by only you), but checking for both properties is not a big deal.